Step 1: Launch Photo Backup App
Step 2: Tap the Start button.
That's it! All photos and videos recently added to your Camera Roll will be safely and securely backed up to your Dropbox account.
** New setting: You can choose to direct a backup to Dropbox's "Photos" folder. If this feature is ON, then your backed up photos become a sharable online photo gallery! See Dropbox's help for instructions on sharing these online photo galleries with others. (Note: Videos in the "Photos" folder at Dropbox.com will be backed up but not sharable/viewable by others. Dropbox doesn't support video sharing yet.)
A few notes of interest:
1. If you don't have a Dropbox account, you can create one inside Photo Backup App.
2. If you are not logged in to your Dropbox account the Start button will be red and tapping it will prompt you to login to your Dropbox account. After logging in, the Start button will be green. Tap it again to backup your new Camera Roll items.
3. You must have a network connection (WiFi or 3G/4G) to backup your Camera Roll photos.
4. If you tap the Stop button or otherwise interrupt a backup in progress, you will need to restart the backup. Previously backed up photos and videos will already be in Dropbox and will not be backed up again.
5. By default, Photo Backup App only backs up photos and videos that have been added to the Camera Roll since the last successfully backed up photo. You can FORCE Photo Backup App to backup ALL your Camera Roll photos and videos by tapping the Reset button in the Settings.