**New version backs up VIDEOS, runs natively on iPads, and allows you to optionally backup to sharable online photo galleries!
Most people don't realize that the photos and videos they take with their iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad are NOT synced or automatically backed up. We are accustomed to our contacts, appointments, emails, and bookmarks being synced and/or backed up via iCloud (or Google or some other service), and many apps backup or sync their own data, but not your device's Camera Roll.
The photos and videos you take exist only on your device's Camera Roll!
Think of all the situations in which you could lose all those precious (or just plain cool) photos and videos:
1. You lose your iPhone or iPod Touch or iPad (ouch!)
2. You damage your iPhone or iPod Touch or iPad (sob...)
3. A friend mistakenly deletes some photos or videos from your Camera Roll (grrr...)
4. Your child mistakenly deletes some photos or videos from your Camera Roll (oh, no!)
5. Your spouse mistakenly deletes some photos or videos from your Camera Roll (oh)
6. You mistakenly delete some photos or videos from your Camera Roll (doh!)
7. etc...(you get the idea)
Many of us go weeks or even months without plugging our iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad into our computer and launching iPhoto to import the photos and videos from the Camera Roll. After all, plugging in your iOS device with an actual cable is soooo uncoool!